Tuesday, April 29, 2008

RONALD REAGAN PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY

Today we went for our first time to the RR Library. What a fantastic experience! My most vivid memory from school is my third grade teacher crying and telling us how our president had been shot, along with Press Secretary Brady. I didn't quite understand it all, but it broke my heart to see my favorite teacher cry.

Now, as an adult, having lived politics and studied them, I have fallen in love with Ronald Reagan. What a wonderful, loving, charismatic, intelligent, and insightful man. Our country is better for him and his wife is one lucky gal! I am only sorry he couldn't stay longer and provide the younger generation with such knowledge.

Going to the library with my children allowed me to share my childhood with them. It also gave me a chance to mourn and grieve his loss. The beauty of life is always taken for granted. One day spent with the memoirs of the Reagans will make any person appreciate life and all it has to offer.

Go go go! You will be a better person for the journey.

PS the right side of my photos chop off :(

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

La Kloie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.