Tuesday, January 8, 2008

SNOW


I love the snow and its beauty. Of course I don't have to live in it and shovel it. With that said, I went on a road trip for my birthday. I picked the kids up from school and drove to Frazier Park. It was gorgeous! The hillsides were covered in white. It took me a world away. My drive turned into a fantasy of snowy nights and warm fires with a cup of cocoa. Actually, I think I traveled into a chapter of Manhunt by Janet Evanovich. LOL Still, at age 36 I was a little kid again. Enjoying the moment of sure pleasure and innocence. My kids enhanced my delight by reveling in it themselves. Morgen and Takoda argued who's side of the car they should look out for the best sight of snow. I parked and hadn't cut the engine before Tyler barreled out of the car. I had to reel him in for a hoodie, jacket, and cap. The kids were shoving me out of the way to play. Again, I had to grab them to prepare them for the cold. We made angles, threw snowballs, awed at the icicles, ate snow, slipped and fell (not me believe it or not), and packed the outside of the car with snow for the drive home. All in all it was a memory to cherish for a lifetime!

I should do this more often. Spontaneity is delicious. I think as a parent I plan too much and ruin the joy of just having fun. The kids had no idea until we were on the road. These are the memories that will stick in their brains forever. It was truly a carefree and fun loving time. So fellow moms, be spontaneous! It is worth it for the look in your child's eyes.

No comments: